This Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet only requires 4-ingredient and it’s gluten-free, low-carb, paleo and super easy to make!
This Sweet Potato, Kale and Shrimp Skillet is so easy to make for lunchtime or busy weeknight meal. It will take only a few minutes to be ready on your table. The only thing that takes more time is the sweet potatoes to cook, approximately 15mins.
Since you will sauté the leaves you will have to keep the heat at low to avoid the leaves from getting very soggy.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgem olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh shrimp
- 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
- Ground black pepper
- In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until onions are soft and golden.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato and cook until soft. It is about 10-15mins. In case you need, add a few tablespoons of water to help steam the sweet potato.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins