Cooking With Mom: Omelets in a Muffin Tin.
Do your children enjoy helping you cook? Today I’m sharing a recipe that the whole family can make together (and customize to their liking) :
Omelets In A Muffin Tin
- Eggs (beaten and seasoned)
- Mix Ins (of your choice): chopped/shredded veggies, shredded cheese, cooked meat
We used what we had on hand: bacon, shredded carrots, sauteed onions, zucchini, sweet potatoes (previously cooked), tomatoes, green onions, Mexican blend cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease bottoms and sides of muffin tins.
- We’ve found it works best to fill the muffin tins with your mix ins first
- Then fill (almost to the top . . . the will puff up slightly) with beaten eggs and stir. Bake for 15 – 25 minutes (time will vary based on the amount of mix ins) until eggs are cooked through. I usually put them under the broiler for the last 1-2 minutes to brown the tops slightly.
- Place pan on cooling rack for a few minutes before removing. Eat warm or cold, at home or on the go. The kids like eating these because they don’t have to use a fork. I like when they eat them because it’s a simple way to sneak in a little more veggies and protein into our morning meal.