With Christmas just around the corner, it is time to start thinking about your party food! Sure you can go to the shop and get frozen party food ready to go, but where is the fun in that?!? Let your Christmas spirit shine and get crafty in the kitchen.
- 500g bag new potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- 75ml half-fat soured cream
- small bunch chives, snipped
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, rub with the oil, then toss with sea salt. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hr.
- Let the potatoes cool for 10-15 mins, then cut a small cross in the top of each and pinch the bases to open a little.
- Add a teaspoon of soured cream to each, a little freshly ground black pepper, and a sprinkling of chives.
- Serve straightway.
Prep: 10 MINS
Cook: 1 HR
Serves: 4-5 as a nibble, 8 with other canapés