- 1 lb extra lean (at least 93%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (11 oz) corn, drained
- 1 pouch (4.7 oz) Betty Crocker™ loaded mashed potatoes
- Water, milk and butter called for on potatoes pouch
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced into thin wedges
- Tortilla chips, if desired
- In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef and 1/4 cup of the green onions over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa, chili powder and cumin. Spoon corn evenly over beef mixture in skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, make potatoes as directed on pouch, using water, milk and butter.
- Spoon potatoes over corn in skillet; spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining 1/4 cup green onions. Cover; cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Arrange tomato wedges in spoke fashion over potatoes. Garnish with tortilla chips around outside edge of skillet.
Tips: Replace ground beef with ground turkey breast and use reduced-fat cheese.
To save time, cook the ground beef and onions ahead of time; refirgerate until you prepare the recipe.
Prep time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min