For the beef:
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3-4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the bowls:
- 2 daikon radishes, peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, room temperature
- 4 scallions, diced, white and green parts divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons gochujang sauce or more, if desired
- sesame seeds, to garnish (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 English seedless cucumber, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Once skillet is hot, spray with cooking spray and add the ground meat. Breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, cook the meat until cooked through and browned, 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic, onion, and ginger and season with salt and pepper, cooking for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cover the skillet and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. Place the daikon noodles into a food processor and pulse until rice-like. Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add in the coconut oil. Once oil melts, add in the white parts of the scallions. Cook for 5 minutes or until scallions soften. Add in the daikon rice and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes or so just to heat the rice through and soften to your preference.
- Divide the rice into bowls. Top with the beef and place a dollop of the gochujang sauce (about 1/2 tablespoon/bowl). Garnish the beef with sesame seeds. Top with cucumber noodles and serve.
Cook time: 20 min