Do you love mixing and experimenting things together then this could be the post for you. I went ahead with a recipe shared over Pinterest followed it and I swear it was the best one that I ever experienced. The final result was healthy, tasty and nutritious what more do you need? Here we are talking about Healthy shrimp pasta recipe.
You don’t have to gather some specific stuffs to prepare it just grab some cheese, shrimp, milk and pasta and you are ready to roll. Now all you have to do is just mix them together but in a little organic way let me guide you with that.
Healthy Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 5 – 8 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces shrimp, tails removed
- 8 ounces of pasta (I used linguine)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 5 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crisp wine (I used Masi Masianco Pinot Grigio & Verduzzo)
- 3/4 cup shrimp or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Liberal dashes salt and pepper
- Lemon zest
- Prepare pasta according to box. Rinse and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium size 3 quart pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and peppers and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add in wine, broth, cream, cream cheese and salt and pepper. Cook until mixture begins to thicken a bit, about 6 minutes. Stir in parmesan, lemon zest and additional salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer another 4 or 5 minutes to thicken up. Remove from heat.
- In a small pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook shrimp for about 2 – 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and add to cream sauce. Add spinach to the small pan and heat just until wilted, about 3 minutes. Toss spinach and shrimp with cream sauce.
- Pour over pasta and enjoy!