Seriously, what could be better than oven baked potato skins? How about throwing some avocado in there and making guacamole stuffed potato skins? That just sounds even more enticing!
- 4 Potatoes about 3 inches in length
- 1 stick of butter melted
- Salt (I used Pink Himalayan)
- Pepper for taste
- 1 cup cheese (or more for your taste)
- 1 recipe of guacamole (homemade preferably but store bought is okay)
- 5-6 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled (Bacon bits are fin but fresh bacon is best)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and set aside to let dry. Mix up your guacamole (I use a mix packet you can find in the produce section of the grocery store). Adding about 1 Tbsp of lime juice (if your mix does not call for it) keeps the guacamole fresh and green while cooking. Once your potatoes are dry put in oven directly on to rack and bake for 45-50 minutes when a knife can go through easily. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Turn oven to broil.
- Melt butter and slice your potatoes in half and gut them leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh all around. brush back of potato with butter and sprinkle salt on top do the same on top and broil potatoes for about 5 minutes or when they start to get a little brown. Take out of oven and let cool for a minute. Evenly split the guacamole up between the 8 potato skins. Sprinkle bacon and cheese on top and place back into the broil oven for another 4 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Take out and serve with sour cream, hot sauce, or salsa! So delicious!