Even though it doesn’t get too cold at the Disneyland Parks in the winter, it’s cold enough that you’ll want a jacket…and some of their AMAZING Hot Chocolate from the Napa Rose Restaurant in the Grand Californian hotel.
This creamy, dreamy hot chocolate is served at the Napa Rose restaurant in the Grand Californian Hotel. Now you can make it in your own kitchen!
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate, grated
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream for topping
- ground cinnamon for topping
- In a medium sauce pan, pour milk and heavy cream. Heat over medium-high heat (be sure to watch it carefully – you don’t want it to boil or scald!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa, sugar and milk chocolate. Slowly add this dry mixture to the milk mixture until completely combined. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, and stir until completely combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual mugs. Top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon, and additional chocolate shavings, if desired.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min