Firstly I didn’t tried crockpot recipes before but if you are fond of them this recipe will be an epic for you. Make sure this recipe will take a bit of time to prepare but the time you spent will be worthy for its flavor and freshness. Start by making quick creamy base that goes into the crockpot.
The following component may be the real hashbrowns. Merely Carrots which will make this casserole very easy were employed by me. They utilize main elements, are not post – need no peeling, and shredded. And perhaps they are not freezing and clean which absolutely makes this casserole that definitely better. You’ll find them within your grocery store’s chilled portion.
Dump in these hashbrowns with some grated cheddar it’s prepared to begin cooking and cheese! I love the newly shredded cheese whilst the pre-packaged cheese and has a tendency to obtain a touch oily within the crockpot. Top the casserole with anything you like once everything is prepared. For my loved ones that’s plenty of pepper, some chopped, and sliced sausage. TASTY!
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms and onion and saute until tender. Add in the garlic powder. Briskly whisk in the flour until a thick dough forms. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Very slowly add in the milk whisking constantly until thickened.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer and thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Spray a large slow cooker (I used a 6-quart crockpot) with nonstick spray.
- Pour in the creamy base. Top with the whole package of hashbrowns and the shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use freshly shredded as the packaged tends to get a bit greasy). If you like an extra cheesy casserole use a full cup, otherwise use just 3/4 a cup.
- Add salt and pepper and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Remove the lid and allow to cook another 30 minutes to an hour to get crispier on top. Just watch these times carefully depending your slow cooker — if you have a really hot one it may be done sooner and a cooler one will take longer. Each crockpot is so different!
- Top with toppings of your choice such as cooked and chopped bacon, chopped parsley, additional seasonings, etc.