- 600 g mixed mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- olive oil
- 1.5 litres organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 75 ml single cream
- 6 slices of ciabatta
- extra virgin olive oil
- Brush the mushrooms clean, then finely slice.
- Peel and finely slice the onion, celery and garlic, then pick the parsley, finely chopping the stalks. Pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, pop the lid on and cook gently until softened.
- Spoon out 4 tablespoons of mushrooms, and keep for later.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then whiz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Toast the ciabatta on a hot griddle pan, then top with most of the reserved mushrooms and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms, and serve with the ciabatta crostini on the side.
Total time: 45 minutes